I saw this Quiz on Katie's blog and really liked it, thought I'd do it too. Would love to see the answers on other peoples too :-)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Wow a few things.
1. Bought a new house.
2. Had a caesarean
3. Had a premature baby
4. Joined a bible study group
5. Had my sisters stay at my house
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Don’t really make new year’s resolutions, but often God speaks to me a lot at the start of the year about where I’m headed. Last year it was the house, this year it is budgeting again & being a bit more on track with schooling and marketing the business.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I did, is that close enough to me?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yep, our dog L Thankfully no humans.
5. What countries did you visit?
Does NSW count?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Being on track and on time with School work stuff & more ADS clients.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feburary 9th We settled on our house
Feburary 14th we moved our furniture out here and Mark and I spent our first night in the house.
Feburary 17th the rest of the family came out to the new house.
March 5th After an ambulance ride around the Darling Downs, I had a caesarean and Noah arrived 5wks early.
October 29th First Rodeo with the kids and we lost Mitchell
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Listening to God on the house and having things fall into place and living in a town where a lot of my neighbours are Christian & really encouraging.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don’t think you ever fail, if you can learn from it and move on. I’m pretty sure I did a lot of learning though.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just had a nasty sinus infection around September.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Just encase you haven’t been reading…. A HOUSE!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All the kids, they are each growing more and more and just really great kids. They have their bad days, but so do we.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My own. Allowed myself to get really worked up over something so stupid and swore at the kids & broke Mitchells Lego ship. :(
14. Where did most of your money go?
Feeding the tribe lol & fixing the house. Oh and Fuel.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Appart from the house, getting out of hospital with Noah and having all the kids come home!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
I would have to say the whole Casting Crowns Altar & The Door CD.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder? Happier, although there was nothing “sad” before that.
Thinner or fatter? Thinner, which is not hard considering I was pregnant this time last year.
Richer or poorer? Cash in the Bank Poorer, but Asset wise, richer. And the Super Fund still went down, can’t wait to make that one self managed.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More time with the kids, especially more hands on schooling.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Computer & Pioneer Woman.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At Maroochydore, spent the morning lazing around & the afternoon swimming in the river and chatting with a nice local couple.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yep, his name is Noah.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
That is such a primary school question!! NO!!
24. What was the best book you read?
Ohh boy a LOT. I swear each new Janette Oke book I read had me thinking that was the best book I had read. The last one I read at the beach house had me crying for the last two chapters.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Weren’t really “discoverys” but we finally bought a heap of new CDS. Casting Crowns, Third Day & Mercy Me.
26. What did you want and get?
The house. My fourth boy.
27. What did you want and not get?
Another water tank & Rain from June – October.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 33 and went and had dinner for the first time at the Tannymorel Bowls Club.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I was going to say having a little more money, but looking back, all our needs were met, and I feel right now very blessed. More money wouldn’t have changed that.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
32. What kept you sane?
God & bible study with the ladies over the road & bible study and chats with Ali. Visits from family :-)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Mark Clifford. He’s a celebrity in my house!
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Emissions Trading. & pretty much anything that came out of Anna Bligh’s mouth.
35. Who did you miss?
I guess everyone at Pine Rivers Girls Brigade.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh Gosh too many to mention!! Pretty much all our new neighbours :-) And a couple of Angels while I was in hospital at Toowoomba.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
God ALWAYS provides. (although I learn it time after time)
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control
Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side
Loving me even on these nights when I'm caught in the middle”