Tuesday, March 03, 2009

How things change....

I decided that I would let my place at the Birth Centre go as I thought "what a waste" if I go early and deliver at Warwick, someone else who's never experienced the Birth Centre might have totally missed their chance because I had a place that I may not be able to use. Also going to and from Brissy for appointments has lost it's appeal lol.

Anyway I was up at the hospital yesterday organising transfer of files and getting appointments sorted and the girl there was super lovely :-) We got talking about kids and life in general & then she came out with the comment "You were obviously born to be a mother". That comment really played on my mind and showed me just how far on the journey God has taken me this past two and a half years.

Once upon a time a comment like that would have offended me, I would have run a mile from being labeled "just a Mum" but now I love that title, it's really who God has called me to be and I love it. I was laying in bed last night thinking right now my two greatest rolls in life are to be a wife to Mark and a Mum to our kids and seeking God on how to do that.

When I finally surrendered my life to God and said "take this broken person" HE completely gave my life a new outlook and a contented one.

I just said to Mark the other day "Living out here I feel more like a 'mum' than I ever have before". The innocent comment that the hospital admin lady made touched me in such a profound way & I am just so happy to be "born to be a mother".

DISCLAIMER - being "born to be a mother" does not mean that I have a super clean house, i never have days where I think "TIME OUT!", that the smell of home baked goodies constantly fills the air. What it DOES mean is that with all the ups and downs of motherhood, I am above all, happy that this is my role and I trust that the Lord will provide the tools to be, Mum.

1 comment:

jacqui jones said...

i see that country air is doing what it should be...:) i think its the peace and space of country life, the slow down..:)