Saturday, August 19, 2006

My little Artist

My little boy Mitchell has all of a sudden decided that he is into drawing and colouring in. Last month he would pick up a piece of paper and just do one massive scribble, now he is colouring in neatly, cutting out shapes & drawing. This is the first drawing he has done and come and shown me. It's Cowper in Mummy's tummy. I love the drawing for heaps of reasons. He has finally made a big developmental step on the way to schooling and it shows that he is thinking about a new little brother that is going to come into the world. Both bubs and I are smiling so Mitch must be pretty happy about the whole thing :)

Alec boy is just happy & cheeky :) I have been dying to capture the cheeky grin that he flashes all the time.








And I decided to take two on the tin I did for Scrap of Faith. I will run another close at the end of the month for people who like take two :)









What else is going on? The girls and I had our first appointment up at the hospital yesterday. Would have to be the first time ever I've in and out of the RBH clinic within 1/2 hr!!! From now on all my appointments will be up at the birth center with the lovely Marg & Jo :) I just love having my own midwife :) Mark and I worked out that Marg has delivered over 30000 babies!!!!!! and 2 of those were Mitchell & Alec. It would be great if she is on call when Cowper arrives!! Marg is a pretty amazing woman, she got the Birth Centre up and running and although she still runs the birth centre and cares for 4 women a month I think she thinks she's semi retired!!! LOL she is wonder woman!!

Okay 5 things I am thankful for :) (Make it 6 LOL)

1. Never changing will always be at the top of the list - God :)
2. An understanding Husband
3. Scrapbooking
4. Crown Financial Ministries
5. Scrap of Faith
6. Sleep ins

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

your birth system over there is soo different to here! My mum was an independent midwife & I had independent midis for each of my children - mum was often the second midwife for us. Had the last two as homebirths (Ethan was born & mum & dad's farm). Wow 3000 babies!
Lara M (scrappykea)

Nat said...

Lara- it says 30,000!! Thats even more!! At least you'll be confident she knows what she's doing hey Sal! Great peace of mind to have the same midwife all the way through. The Birthing Suite sounds great - I would love to book in there for next baby :)

Nat xx

Chrissy said...

Aww your little artist has done such a CUTE job here Sal! So adorable!

Glad you and the bubba bump are doing well! Do you have a due date yet?

Hugs and love
Chrissy xx

Lisa Pate said...

So loving that piccy of a smiley bub in your tum!! Too cute!

DenimAngel said...

Your tagged girl.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Little Mitchell is so cute. Emma has just taken to her artistic side to. She canvas is anything that is flat!!! Found a self portrait on the chair the other day !!!! Don't you just love this age. Hope you are well Sal.

Steph xo