Friday, February 13, 2009

Last Days..

We have some BIG days ahead of us.

My Mum has been here working solid for the last two weeks and I'm still looking at the amount of packing that has to be done today, we'll get there. Nothing like the last minuet work under pressure to pull it all together.

This afternoon the kids go to my sisters house. Last night was the last time that they got tucked into bed at this house. It's crazy I'm crying as I type this, I told Mark last night I got a bit emotional doing it. Hannah had a cry. He had a gentle laugh at how crazy emotional us women are and said I carry the emotions of the whole house. Boy it sure feels like it. I kind of feel like I'm the energizer bunny, I just go and go and go and then whammo I hit that emotional release and it comes flooding.

I know God has a plan for us and I know how much joy and security I feel when we're out at the house, and really all I'm leaving is a "shell", all the important things that are here are moving with me. Yet it's sad to leave the place where so many things have happened.

- Our two youngest boys were born here.
- Mark and I faced one of the biggest tests our marriage will ever face here, and we got through it.
- It was in this house that I poured out my filth to God and asked Him to save this broken person. He Did.
- Mark rededicated his life to God here.
- We started our home school journey here.
- The whole family has come to God here.

You know on the outside we just look like every other person in the neighbourhood, just getting on with life. Nothing great. But the things that "really matter" the HEART of our existence, Jesus, really met all of us here.

Yet I am so thankful that these things have nothing to do with the house we live in, that it's not the walls that contain the experiences, but our hearts. I am so thankful that God is with me leading me and carrying me no matter where I am. That my precious family is with me, no matter where I am. My memories are with me no matter where I am. The Internet allows me access to all my friends, no matter where I am.

So today I pack up the last of our things. So many good things are going to come of this move, I know it, I know the enemy doesn't want me to feel that right now, he wants me to stay where I am, in the safety of familiarity, but we're stepping out in faith, we're following the calling of our Lord & we will certainly share the journey. And I promise to keep it real.

And in keeping it real, I'm blogging because I am procrastinating big time about packing up my office. So I shall promise that this is the last blog post from from Brisbane.

Prayers for our safety getting our stuff to the new place and for everyone helping us, that they stay injury free and protection over their backs would be greatly appreciated. And for a stressful job to remain positive.

God Bless, and see you soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There really have been lots of great memories made at your place ... can't wait to see what kind of experiences God gives you at the new place. Thinking of you as the packing deadline rushes toward you ... got that 'puter packed yet?

Karen L said...

Praying for you today Sal - and like you I probably would be having a little weep too - it is all about the memories, but you are right, the things that are important are going with you and you know that this is God's leading. I am really excited for you all, but most importantly I am excited to see where God is going to lead you all on this new adventure of stepping out in faith.

lusi said...

That was one of the most BEAUTIFUL posts Ive read Sal - straight from your heart to mine. I loved that you wrote that while these memories all occured in your house that they don't have to stay there because they go with you in your heart. So true mate.
Still so hard to close the door for that last time hey.
Will be praying for you as you settle in and move mate and please call if you need to chat or take your mind off stuff for a second even :) Here for you!
Love always
Lus x

Anonymous said...

Hi Sal
I followed Lusi here and I hope you dont mind me popping in. I wish you every happiness in your new home - sounds wonderful and peaceful. My daughter used to suffer badly from eczema too and as soon as we replaced the carpet with wood - GONE...just like that. I was amazed! It was by coincidence that we replaced the carpet (actually we flooded downstairs so we had too) but from that day on - no eczema! She was 5 at the time. Goodluck.

Kaz :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sal,
You have the right outlook on your new adventure and God has a plan for you. God led us to our new house and we love it!!!! My faith is all that keeps us going at the moment because last Friday was black friday for us (see my blog for more details) and we are praying God has a plan for our very close future too. Hope the move went well.
Luv TraceXXX