Monday, November 21, 2005

Another weekend gone.

Wow what a day. It's amazing how well you can function and keep it together on little sleep. I was so totally not successful in cleaning the house last night. I tidied a little, ignored the laundry and ended up watching a couple of movies while I waited for Mark to come home. Poor thing he went to a very blokey party where all he was fed was steak. No salad, no rolls, just steak. Anyway he got in at midnight and went to bed I was sucked into another movie and finally made it there myself at 2:30am. Got woken by the phone at 6:30am!!!

With Mark gone for the day today the kids and I set about the task of cleaning the house. Sorry who am I kidding, the kiddies don't help LOL. I cleaned and tried to keep peace between Hannah & Mitchell who can be the best of friends and worst of enemies. I also checked out airfares and such for my Scrapping Retreat in March. After lunch I got the two gremlins down for a nap and by this stage Mark had returned with Nigel and Caryn and we had a nice girly chat.

Around 4pm Chris arrived for our duo rehearsal and he stayed for dinner. The girls were especially cute dancing and giggling while we played. Dinner was great & Mark & Chris had lots of fun giving me a ribbing about what do women do on a scrapping retreat. When it came time to go to bed the girls asked if "Curly" (their nickname for him) could come and watch them go to bed. While saying their prayers they said "And thank you God for Curly". It's great to know that they are comfortable around our adult friends. At around 10pm after lots of wine, tea & talking Curly left.

So here I am about to head off to bed. Looks like an "early" night tonight.

No comments: