Monday, November 28, 2005

Did we just have a weekend?

Wow what a weekend. The drama behind this whirlwind weekend all started in the middle of last week. I had the weekend of all weekends planned. Dance Class, Play on Saturday and rehearsal on Sunday and just to add more to it an audition on Saturday. Well Mark comes to me on Tuesday and says he wants to go hunting this weekend. Hang on you want to WHAT??? I start thinking of all the plans made and possibly now get unmade so he can go hunting. Well as you can imagine there was a bit of protest from my side about all the short notice etc etc. In then end I decided to give up on the protest take a different tact, find some babysitters and do the weekend as planned, I thought this to be the better option than having a sulky husband for the weekend.

So this weekend has been an absolute whirlwind. Dance class and kids at Caboolture, then kids to Mitchelton so I can audition at Kelvin Grove, then back to Mum & Dads at Mitchy then back to Kelvin Grove for the play & then finally home to Narangba on Sunday for a morning of house cleaning and an afternoon of rehearsals.

So how did everything go? The kids and I are alive and still happy LOL, but it all went too fast. Dancing was great, the teacher wants me to join in at the concert next Saturday, but only after 2 lessons I'm passing on that one. The audition, well I'm supposed to find out today so fingers crossed. But big thrill of all thrills. While at the play Saturday night which was called "I Love You You're Perfect Now Change" and the best play I saw all year and just soo funny, I ran into a lady who directs plays on the northside and she asked me if I was interested in acting in a play she is doing called "The Odd Couple" I said yeah sure call me I'll come and audition. Well yesterday she calls and says, no need to audition if you want to do it it's yours. OH MY GOD as an actor that has to be just the BEST!!!!! So great play to watch and I got an acting gig!!! We then went off for coffee afterwards up at Paddington which was lovely.

On Sunday I was up at the crack of dawn (thanks kids, just love that!!) and headed home to clean etc. Chris turned up around 2:30 for rehearsal and ended up using my computer to keep plugging away at working out chords etc for some more songs. He did that till dinner while I was pottering around doing more laundry etc. The kids had a great night mucking around and having dinner with "Curly" Afterwards we did some singing and you know me talking talking and more talking. So now it's Monday I'm buggered, I think I need a weekend LOL.

1 comment:

Chris Millar said...

Talking Sal, I've never known you to be a talker!LOL MUCH!!!!

What a busy, busy weekend, glad you survived and had some fantastic news come out of all of it!!!!!!!