Friday, January 30, 2009

Guess.........

where I went yesterday?
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
Yep out to the house :-) The only water at the house is an 800ltr tank, ummmmm not quiet enough lol. There is a big 23000ltr tank in place just waiting to get hooked up properly. So we asked the current owners if we could go before settlement and try to get some rain water into that tank. Yesterday we made the trip out there to work out the ins and outs of what was there and what Mark needed to do to get the job done. Mark and John are back there today hooking it up. Just praying that God delivers some nice rain over the next two weeks so we don't have to buy in water.
8
So while Mark did his thing the kids and I took a walk around "town". We met two of the locals, one guy who was born there then moved to Brisbane for a while & of all places worked here in Narangba lol and has been back "home" for the last 16 years. His mother and aunty and uncle etc still all live there. He told us that in his mother's life time she's seen snow twice in the town and he has seen it once. Me thinks winter mights be chilley!!
8
Then we met our neighbour to the left of us (well he's across the street, but our only neighbour to the left). We hadn't even been talking a minuet and discover that he is a Christian. His comment to us was "We need more of them, Praise The Lord!". So nice to know that we have a brother in Christ as a neighbour :-)
8
The kids and I also had a picnic on our little patio (we didn't have access to the house, just outside) and watched the mountain in front of us change colour as the afternoon progressed. I can see many a cups of tea out the front. We went around the yard a bit better and discovered two mature fruit trees, yeah!! It was the first time Hannah and Mitchell had been out there and the two of them spent a good hour at least exploring the yard.
8
Mark & I will often come up to each other and affectionately say "You happy?". It's not that we're worried that we're not, but it's just a little thing we do. Yesterday just hanging out there I kept thinking "yeah I'm happy" so I beat him to it, walked up to him and put my arm around him gave him a big smile and said "I'm happy". He got it :-) Life just feels so content out there and we both left feeling that we'd really made the right choice. Or should I say so thankful that God lead us to this place.
8
So a little tour around our town :-)
8
The street that runs beside our house (there is a vacant block between us and the street)
*
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
The main road into town. Our house is just there on the right (red roof)
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
The other street that you turn off from the main road. At the end of the road is the T intersection, across the street is the hall, that's our street and that's the mountain we look at from our front veranda.
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
The "street" behind our house.
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
It was so cool. We walked the town, the kids could run ahead, I didn't have to worry about cars etc and the freedom we all felt was priceless.
*
Holly said that as she was running down the street she was laughing and thinking "I feel free!!"
8
I can't wait for move day!!!
8
8
And I got an award. Thanks Karen :-)
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
Here are the steps:
9
1. Say one nice thing to the man in your life:
Mark I love you so much. I am so thankful that God blessed me with you as my husband. You are my best friend, my rock and constant source of joy. I truly delight in you :-) And I am just so excited about the journey we are about to start together.
8
2. List at least 6 ways you measure success in your life:
- One day hearing the words "well done good and faithful servant"
- Walking with God
- Finding joy in the simple things
- Having a balanced life where family comes first
- Going where God leads me in all areas, friends, work, play
- Waking up with joy in my heart
8
3. Assign 5 other blogs this award:

4 comments:

jacqui jones said...

thanks for the award

all that space love it...the view will be so lovely...i can so see the tea drinking..:)

Karen L said...

Oh Sal I just felt so content reading your blog - hope I get to have a cuppa on your verandah with you one day soon. It is going to be a great environment to bring up your kids.

Gayle said...

oh..your new lifesytle will be amazing Sal! I went onto the real estate site and checked out other houses in your area..looks like a lovely community ..and the views...wow!
Love your new blog makeover too!

Lara said...

love seeing all these photos, gives a real context to where you will be living.