Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Please don't follow me.....

to the new place!!!!!


I heard a rumor that toads don't really like living where we are going to because of the cold temperatures in winter, it kills them off. I sure hope that's the case.



I grew up in Far North Queensland right in the middle of Cane Country and I've had my fair share of these guys. As a kid we would go on holidays to this old beach house and it had a gap on the outside wall that these guys could fit through..... lets just say you didn't want to cross the floor at night to get to the toilet...... I still have memories of waking in the night to see about 6 of them on the floor, busting to wee & not game to get off the bed. YUCK!!!


So for a little while I was spoilt, there weren't too many cane toads in Brissy and each year they get more and more. Now we have about 3 or 4 a night in our yard.


Last night I started having flash backs to my childhood. I just cling to the faint hope that perhaps, just perhaps I might be moving to a cane toad free area. I can only dream.......
88
88



8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
I really don't want to see you or your friends for a long time mate.

1 comment:

Karen L said...

Sal I share so many of your memories about Canetoads. We lived in cane toad territory also. In face our yard bordered on cane paddocks. Mind you I won't share some of my childhood memories re canetoads. They were not nice.