Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Some things in life...

are just too hard to give up.



Like your favourite pair of shoes.



8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8
8

These were Cowper's shoes this past winter and he loved his shoes, but alas come spring they just didn't fit anymore. He was devestated that I said "no" to the shoes :-( I've never seen a kid so distraught over a pair of shoes. We managed to get a pair of sandles on him and he carried the shoes with him in the car. After that day the shoes "dissapeared".

Well today many months later he found the shoes. He so sweetly bought me the shoes and wanted them back on. They didn't fit, he took it pretty well, but I think after all this time they are still a favourite.

I think Mr Cowps' mind shoes mean adventure. Shoes mean going in the car, going somewhere. Good things happen when you put on shoes. This morning while the big kids and I were doing school, Cowps was off doing Cowpie stuff & I mentioned to the big kids that we'd go to the park in the afternoon. Cowps was in ear shot, two seconds later he presents himself with a pair of shoes ready to go and sweetly says "park". He doesn't get "not now mate".

It's pretty hard being 2.

And on a brighter note for Cowps, the latest lots of blood tests were great :-) We're almost near normal levels. 1 more test in a month and I'll think they'll be done with us :-)

No comments: