Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Getting Back to Reality

Okay the retreat is over and life must get back to normal. I can't believe what a lazy day I had yesterday. I schooled the kids then after that any idea of work went out the window. I spent 3 hours trying to get my blog sorted, the kids had their CF lollypops so were off the wall burning energy and we looked at the time and went "Holly cow it's 3pm!!!" we hadn't had lunch!! So finally at 3pm we thought maybe we should do some tidying up or something so when Daddy got home it looked like we were good kids all day LOL.

While at the retreat I was chatting to Mark on the phone & he said to me "You know I just can't get anything done around here! As soon as you think you've got it Alec will wake up and trash the joint! I can't get any work done at all!" Ahhhhh that's one to store away for when ever he asks what did you get done today?

I was going to scrap last night but instead thought I would tackle organising my scrap stash. Ages ago I had been given a set of little storage boxes that interconnect with a clear front on them. There are probably 40 of these little draws all connected together. You can make them 3 wide 14 high or 6 wide seven high any combination you like. So they have been sitting in my office and I keep thinking how am I going to do this. So far I have stuff in a few places and most of it in my tote. So while talking to the lovely Michelle Grant I asked her how on earth does she keep it all organised and get her pages so full? I'm sure she wont mind me sharing her secret. She told me to colour coordinate all her embelishments, so when she get her photo and her paper and thinks right this needs pink she grabs the pink drawer, the pink ribbons, the pink flowers, maybe the metal embellishment drawer & chipboard etc puts it all in a little tray and takes the tray to her table with just what she needs & doesn't get overwhelmed by all this other "Stuff". Well I started sorting last night & I first got down my trays that have the "stuff that I always forget" things in it then I went through my tote. I could not believe the amount of stuff I had!!! And I all the little bits and pieces that were in with other little bits and pieces and just looked so "uugghhh what will I ever do with that?" now look exciting!!! So thank you Michelle I'm on a mission to get organised and hopefully get more out of my embellishments. (photos of oganised scrapping space to come!!!)

It's my 30th coming up in a few weeks and I was going to have a big party, but put that in the two hard basket, my other idea was to get Chris Millar take her to Ikea by storage & get her to help me organise my scrap space or Mark & I get the kids babysat for the night have a night in a motel together & do the bridge climb. Now that I have started to sort my space I'm getting excited about having a space!! I think I'll get the kids looked after do the bridge climb forfeit the hotel room & use that money at Ikea. Chris are you up for some shopping??? I'm going to Lone Star with the FC'ers (Friday Croppers) as 3 of us have a birthday within 5 days of each other so that will be a bit of a "party" & I might do the quiet BBQ with Mark & my friends. This is going to make my poor DH look bad, but 10 years of being together I have never got a birthday present from him. Part of it is my fault I can never decide & then I tell him I just want to go clothes shopping. This year I started seeing my self shying away from having the night out, getting the cropping stuff etc & doing the "Don't worry" kind of thing again, but this year I'm determined to do it! I think I know why I have the whole "just let it slide" birthday thing going on. My Mum is hopeless at birthdays, the amount of times we got presents that night because she completely forgot and had to buy something when we were at school. The times we got nothing at all & I only ever had 1 birthday party. What shits me about this is we were not hard up for cash, it's just something my Mum didn't really get into as a kid so we shouldn't either.

Wow another long one LOL. I can't offer a RAK everyday LOL so I'll just remind you to read Tuesday's post to find the little comp that ends Friday :) Luvs Yas All!!!

3 comments:

Chris Millar said...

Oh Yay! I'd definitely be up for a shop! My girls loved the lolly pops too!LOL

Kelley said...

Oh - I wish i could come shopping too!!! Sounds like a fun way to spend a birthday!!
I like that excuse about the little one messing it all up too - LOL!! I can use that one too!!!

Roz said...

oh yay, a shopping b'day! Sounds perfect! And at Ikea, how fun!!