Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Scrapneeds Retreat Weekend

Well what an absolute fantastic weekend at the Scrapneeds retreat. I'm not sure if retreat is an appropriate name LOL. I'm not sure how much relaxing and scrapping got done?

I have to say what a blast it was meeting some great ladies. I traveled with the wonderful Chris, Ky & Jac whom I scrap with in Brissie who are such fun talented & supportive girlfriends, so lucky to have you guys. We were joined by the beautiful Michelle Grant. If ever you get to meet Michelle in real life it is a true blessing, this girl is fun, generous, talented beyond belief and the biggest sweetheart, can't wait to see her again :)

The Scrapneeds DT is the most awesome DT in Australia. These girls Chris Millar, Roz James, Mishell Lancett & Jen Hall are super talented and super nice. Rozzie is such a sweetheart and I can't believe the page she scrapped of my georgeous girl Holly for me. At Sat night dinner after way too many drinks Chris & I were practicing a drunk acceptance speech for when I was to get the LO. Chris was begging me to put on the tears & I was adamant that the only thing I can't act is crying, I just can't do it. Well I didn't even have to try, I took one look at that LO and started bawling. What's that I hear you saying Ky ? "But you told me you don't get emotional tierd!!! How many girls cried with me? Oh we're a big bunch of Saps. Jen Hall has the eveidence LOL.


I can go on and on about how super sweet Mishell Lancett is, a true Angel is this girl. She knows she has a special place in my heart. Both her & Michelle Grant do, must be the name hey girls LOL.

Jen Hall's work is beautiful, just to hold and feel it in real life is a treasure. The amount of detail and lumpy bumpy is fantastic & she is a scrap demon! I can't believe the amount of LO's she finished. She was also a real gem getting us back home and making sure we were looked after Monday morning before flying home. A super super girl.

Kellie did such a great job of organizing the retreat & has so many amazing ideas about future events and her shop. You really must go over and check out Scrapneeds.

Sorry to have gone on and on about this bunch of girls, but I have been to retreats & Confrences before and walked away feeling really ddisillusioned dissolusioned with the scrapping world. Some places it's like the worst day at highschool, but I have not one bad thing to say about the Scrapneeds girls. Those I can't remember by name I'm so sorry but every lady in that room was a true gem and it was the most welcoming group I have ever cropped with. Oh I mustn't forget Naomi & her mum, two such fun sweet ladies, Kirst a real blast and a sweetheart & Fiona a really fun gal who I can't believe arrived on Sat night, but felt like she'd been there all weekend. I really can't wait to meet up with all these girls again. So glad I joined the forum to keep in touch.

I don't have a heap of photos to share as I did the lazy well I'll get coppies thing, but I'm a littl nervous of the damaging eveidence on other peoples cameras. I think I've got a few cheques to write to Chris LOL.

Coming home to my DH and 4 snugglies was fantastic :) Mark is such a great guy I couldn't ask for a better DH. I tried and tried in vain to get the house cleaned etc before I went and was going overboard with the extras that I didn't get to do the bathrooms and vacuum etc. Well my beautiful DH cleaned the house for me while I was gone on top of looking after the four babies. He also said the sweetest thing ever, while cleaning the bathroom he got some perfume on his fingers and said all day he kept getting a whiff of it. I asked him if that pissed him off & he said "Oh no I loved it!! It was the best thing because it kept reminding me of you and I could smell it as I was trying to go to sleep". I love you Darl & Thanks Christian Dior Poison LOL.

Anyway what a long and sappy post!!!! For those of you who made it to the end I think I need to come up with a RAK for the effort. All those people who can tell me what perfume I wear by Friday I'll put you're name in a draw and raffle off a first & second prize to send you out a little pressie :)

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Hi there Sal,
I am one of the scrapneeds gals that was there (I didnt get to talk to you much though - so much going on all the time!!) I thought i knew you from somewhere as i have read your blog before - didnt click until i got home where i knew you from!! LOL!!
By the way - Christian Dior Poison is your perfume!!
Kelley

Anonymous said...

Hi Sal,

I'm one of the scrapneeds girls that wasn't there :( - have read your blog from Kelley's link.

Christian Dior Poison is your perfume of choice

cheers

Jo

Rach H said...

hey Sal.......well it looks like you had a blast!!! Your photos are a bit more tame than Chris's though........hehehehehe.
LOVE your LO by Roz - beautiful.
wish i was there to see Julia again ;).
Rach
ps I would love to go to IKea too - sadly we don't have any in NZ!!

Roz said...

oh yay, I can comment! Blogger wouldn't let me the other day!!

Sal, you are so gorgeous, I loved spending time with you! You make me laugh!

Thanks for an awesome weekend :o)