Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm 30 !!

Well yesterday was my 30th Birthday. A big thank you to all of you who sent birthday wishes and hoped I had a day full of spoiling and cake!!. It wasn't a day full of fanfare and excitement, but just a nice casual day with not a lot going on. I took the day off work and just had a relaxing day, had a cuppa and chocolate with my neighbor, did some scrapping, had a nice steak for dinner & the girls had a sleepover at Aunty Sams. I was the only girl in the house last night. Mark and Hannah went out and bought me some flowers & Mark helped cook dinner and did all the tidying up for me and made sure I had a steady supply of tea and chocolate at my scrapping desk.

This was my scrapping achievement for my birthday. That scrapping space of mine must be working as I got the doodling happening and this is the first time I've actually doodled on to the LO itself not on an embellishments that can be done over if I go wrong. I had wanted to use a white gel pen, but the pen & I were having issues so I found a pencil that gave me a similar effect. I also started to alter some shelves.

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with all the Friday Croppers, Penny & Tracey from the group had their Birthday last week, so we all try to make sure we have a night out this time of year to celebrate together. On Friday I'll have a BBQ and it's also Holly's Birthday on Friday so we'll share our party :)
So there you go that's 30 for you LOL. I think I like 30, just old enough that you feel like you've been an adult long enough to be taken seriously, but still young enough to have no excuses to not get out there and enjoy life! But hey if I can be anything like the ski crew when I'm older I have nothing to worry about. I'll do a post later in the week about those guys.

6 comments:

Chris Millar said...

Sal, this layout is totally scrummy! Love all the doodling, the flowers and the ribbon tabs! Glad you had a relaxing day!

Kirst said...

Nice doodle!!! Ha!

Hey, if your ski crew is anything like mine, you have a very long way to go before you start to feel old. Speaking of which, we must get our families toghether to ski one time. We did discuss this, but we were a little bit drunk at the time....LOL.

Love the LO darl! Gald to hear that the scrap space is working.
Kirst xx

Anthea said...

LOVE that LO!!!, just BEAUTIFUL!!

glad to see you had a great day, and that hubby was keeping up with the supplies!

Michelle G said...

Love your LO Sal, heck I just love your work!!!! Love your new scrapspace too!!! I can just see you getting all creative there!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! and many more!!!!!! You old duck you!!! don't worry you can smile when I hit the big 35 on Sunday!!! I'm thinkin I might be celebrating mine with a hangover!!! LOL
Take CAre Babe!!!
(*(Hugs)*)
Michelle

Chrissy said...

Happy Birthday Sal!!! 30 really is *fabulous*!!! Love the LO you created too, the doodling is so cool!! :) Hugs! Chrissy xx

Roz said...

Yay, so glad you had a nice day for your 30th :o) And what a beautiful page! Loving your new space?? Looks like it!