Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Schools In!!!

Well it's back to heads down tails up. After a great Easter break we are back into the routine. Amazing how much cleaner the kitchen stays when we're not all slacking off LOL. The girls are back into the school work full swing and I'm just so amazed at what Hannah knows. She just sits there ever so quietly listening to what I'm doing with Holly and sucking it all in. I'll ask Holly a question and often Hannah will beat her to the answer.

Our Easter weekend was busy busy busy!!! Friday was the Friday Cropper night, Saturday mates came over for lunch and then we headed up to the Coast for Dinner for my Dad's 65th (opppss sorry his 21st, I don't have a Dad whose 65 yet!! LOL). We went out to Trader Dukes for dinner and found out they don't do the kids eat free anymore!! What The??? You get my business then you change the game plan??? We then found out that my Sister and her husband had been skiing with Dad that day and wanted him to put the boat in the next day. SKIING!!!!!! No one said we'd be skiing!!! Oh hell, crap, bugger I didn't bring my togs, let alone wetsuit!!! So mad dash back to Brissie that night to get my stuff and up at 6am to go back first thing in the morning. Kids stayed with Mum and Dad while we did the wetsuit mission.

Came back to a poor little sick Alec who was having a lot of coughing and breathing difficulties. Mark took to the medical centre and the Doctor could not tell what his problem was if it was bronchitis or asthma. He gave him the nebuliser which cleared it up and prescribed him some ventalin. We have had him sleeping in the porta cot in our room so we can keep an eye on him and give him a puff if he has a middle of the night coughing fit. The last couple of nights he's been much better but I kind of like having him there so wont rush him back to his room just yet.

So anyway back to the weekend we took the kids to Ice Age 2 Sunday afternoon and came back to Brissie Sunday night. Monday I spent the day shopping with Caryn at Chermside having a cool girlie afternoon. We spent all afternoon going into shop after shop just not really liking anything. Had in my mind what I wanted but it was either ridiculously priced or just very poorly made. So after a cup of hot chocolate I was about to go home defeated, but I saw a shop called Cotton On while we were sitting there and said let's check it out. Well huge sale later and everything I wanted I walked out with 7 items!! As it was just my birthday Ms Caryn insisted she pick up the tab!! What a girl and the best birthday treat ever!! I am just so loving my new tops and shrugs.

So a little photo share for you all. The girls and I were mucking around in the back yard. I had dragged the camera out for to take pictures of Mr Alec, the girls had stuck him in the dozer and were pushing him around. So serious he was, didn't want to get out, but wouldn't smile either cheeky boy. The girls and I couldn't resist getting in front of the camera being idiots either.
I just love Mr Aleco's expressive eyebrows.

All the chocolate's gone, will we ever get over it LOL.

So now it's back to work and school again. Which really for us is not a drama LOL. I love the "settled" feeling that the house has when we are in the weekly grove, the kids behave so much better and life is good. But I do love the craziness of a jam packed weekend :) Been on Chrissy's blog and I think an O'Rielly's trip is in order for this one, Hot Chocolate on their balcony is too much of a tempation I can't resist :)

Hugs to you all & have a great first week back :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sal
Glad to hear school's in order and doing well, AND your house is in good order!!! Love those photos, esp the expressions. Go to Coles and buy more easter eggs! The temptation is killing me!!! You can do it in my place. LOL! I'll be there with you for the hot chocolate. When it's a bit colder though.

Chrissy said...

Oh Sal, yes you really should! O'Reillys is a definite must do! :-)The kids would have a ball with all the birdies too and the walks are very do-able with kiddies too.

So looking forward to hearing more about the Guest DT!

Chrissy xx